Call for Music
CMMR 2016 welcomes the submission of music contributions that will be presented during concerts co-located with the conference.
Works must feature original sound processing as a central element though they may and hopefully will include other media or physical components; works with interactive elements are strongly encouraged.
Original contributions are encouraged in, but not limited to, the following topics:
• Performances related to the conference theme "Bridging People and Sound"
• Music for instruments and electroacoustic
• Live or recorded electronic music for up to 8 channels
• Augmented instruments and new controllers / interfaces
• Acoustic instrumental music composed by algorithmic tools
• Music composed for visuals (e.g., dance and music, soundtracks, multimedia compositions, applied music to dance and movement in general etc.)
• Performances of traditional music enhanced with live visualisation or interactive technology
• Jazz and improvised music - improvisation software
• Interactive pieces
Submissions of any musical style or genre are warmly welcomed. The conference will provide a small music ensemble (clarinet, percussion, piano, sax and cello); other than that, authors are required to provide their own interpreters/performers. We will provide equipment PC, including 8-channel audio system, a video projector and a grand piano. Performers should bring any other required instruments or equipment.Authors should provide their own interpreters/performers. Submissions of 15 minutes or less are preferred, however music of any length will be considered.
Procedures to submit music are detailed in the Instructions for Authors and Submission page; submitted works must conform to the format specified on that page.
Important dates for music submissions:
|Music Submission deadline (Extended Deadline!)||March 15th 2016|
|Notification of acceptance||April 15th 2016|
|Providing detailed performance materials||May 15th 2016|
For inquiries regarding music submissions, please contact the chairs using the following email address: email@example.com
We are looking forward to your contributions!