Author instructions and Submission
Author Instructions and Submission
Papers have to be written in English and should adhere strictly to the format described below under the heading Format of written documents. Suggested (not mandatory) topics for papers are listed in the Call for Papers.
Short papers (max. 8 pages in the LNCS single column format) should present and discuss a work-in-progress.
Long papers (9-16 pages in the LNCS single column format) should present a substantial contribution to the field.
State of the art and position papers are also welcome, either in the short or long formats.
Paper submissions are not anonymous. Authors have the possibility to give their preferences for oral or poster presentations upon paper submission (in the Topics session of the Easy Chair submission page). The final format of the presentation (oral/poster) will be communicated to authors after the review process.
Please refer to the Call for Demos for suggested (not mandatory) topics for demonstrations. Demonstration proposals (max. 4 pages in the LNCS single column format) should include:
- Demonstration title
- Author name(s), affiliations, and contact information
- Abstract (70-150 words)
- Description of the demonstration focusing on innovation and research
Demos submissions are made through the Easy Chair submission page. Any participants with specific hardware or software requirements (e.g. network, display, sensors, operating system etc.) should contact the Demonstrations and Installations Chairs by email at email@example.com
The list of topics for music submissions is specified in the Call for Music. Submissions from any musical style or genre are warmly welcomed. Submissions of 15 minutes or less are preferred, however music of any length will be considered.
The conference will provide a small music ensemble (clarinet, percussion, piano, sax and cello); other than that, authors are required to provide their own interpreters/performers. We will provide equipment PC, including 8-channel audio system, a video projector and a grand piano. Performers should bring any other required instruments or equipment. The projection of films in the digital format will be possible for film soundtracks.
Music submission should include:
1. One PDF document of up to 3 sides of A4, to be submitted through the Easy Chair submission page, specifying the following information:
- Author name(s), affiliations (if relevant), and contact information
- Title of proposed performance or installation
- Program notes (1-3 paragraphs)
- Indication if the performance relates to a separate presentation in the technical programme (in this case, please specify the title, authors and submission number of the separate submission)
- Intended venue: evening concert, installation, or afternoon demo
- Duration and instrumentation
- Names of performers, if applicable
- Optionally, composer / performer bios or a link to where these can be found online
- Detailed description of technical requirements, including equipment and setup time
- Stage plot and input list for live performances
- URL of the archive file described below (or indication that a CD/DVD has been mailed).
2. One archive file in the ZIP or TGZ format with the following documents:
- All performer scores (if applicable)
- Audio file(s) for evaluation of the submission. MP3, AAC or FLAC preferred (limit of 20MB per submission). For multichannel submissions, please provide a stereo mix if possible; submitting both stereo and multichannel versions is also acceptable.
- Video files (optional) in one of the format specified in the section Format of video files below, (example: MPEG-2 or H.264/MPEG-4)
Please note that the archive file (2) is not going to be submitted via EasyChair, but it should be made available from the web (through HTTP or FTP). Alternatively, you can mail us a CD/DVD (in the ISO 9660 format) to the following address:
CMMR 2016 / FERNANDO IAZZETTA
Music Department / University of São Paulo
Av. Prof. Lúcio Martins Rodrigues 443, Cidade Universitária
CEP 05508-020, São Paulo – SP – Brasil
Please note that, in order for CD/DVD submissions to be considered valid, this material must arrive before the submissions deadline (see Important Dates). For any questions regarding mailed material, please contact the music chairs (see Contacts page).
Format of written documents
All submitted documents should be formatted using the Springer Verlag LNCS format. Please use the provided LaTeX and Word templates, and follow the guidelines and technical instructions for the preparation of papers described in Springer's Information for LNCS Authors webpage.
We strongly encourage you to use LaTeX2e for the preparation of your camera-ready submissions. All written documents should be submitted in PDF format.
Format of audio files: MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF
Format of video files: MPEG-1/2, DIVX (1/2/3), MPEG-4 ASP, DivX 4/5/6, XviD, 3ivX D4, H.261, H.263 / H.263i, H.264 / MPEG-4 AVC, Cinepak, Theora, Dirac / VC-2, MJPEG (A/B), WMV 1/2, WMV 3 / WMV-9 / VC-1, Sorenson 1/3 (Quicktime), DV (Digital Video), On2 VP3/VP5/VP6, Indeo Video v3 (IV32) (PLEASE ATTENTION: NO Indeo Video 4/5 (IV41, IV51), Real Video 1/2, Real Video 3/4
Submissions will be peer-reviewed by an international committee. Notification of acceptance will be given on the dates specified in the Important Dates section of the website.
Submission implies that at least one of the contributors (per submission) agrees to register and attend the conference. Delegates may present more than one submission as long as each submission is covered by a separate registration. In order to have the submission included in the conference proceedings, the conference registration fee must be paid prior to the author registration deadline indicated in the Important Dates page. Please check the Registration page for more information.
The submission of contributions to CMMR 2016 must be made using the EasyChair conference management system. At the end of the submission page, on section «Other information and Uploads» authors are required to select one of the three submission categories available (Paper, Demonstration, Music). Authors who do not already have an account on EasyChair can create one by following the procedure to sign up on EasyChair.